Avocados are called “alligator pear”. It is a pear-shaped green fruit loaded with healthy fat, fibre, nutrients, and minerals, famously known as one of the top SUPERFOOD.
It is densely packed with nutrients. There are so many benefits of avocado oil, such as it is high in monounsaturated oleic acid – a heart-healthy acid, antioxidants, fatty acids, minerals, vitamins. This oil can be used for cooking flavorful and healthy meals. If you have ever eaten an Avocado, you would know it is a delicious fruit with a unique taste. It is pretty subtle, grassy, nutty, buttery and the cherry on the cake is its freshness. But perhaps the experience of eating an avocado is in the texture. The oil has numerous benefits for your skin, like it moisturizes dry hands and is used as a natural sunblock.
To know more about the unique benefits of avocado oil, scroll down:
1-Ability To Lower The Cholesterol Level
Controlling Cholesterol levels becomes a necessity after a certain age. Or else it might lead to random diseases.
- Avocado is a zero cholesterol fruit. The oil is high in monounsaturated fat and low in saturated fats, and it’s cholesterol-free.
- If this oil is included in your diet, it lowers bad cholesterol and is extremely good for diabetics.
- It has Oleic acid, which is an enormously healthy fat.
- It is high in Omega-3 and Omega-6
2-Chances Of Reduced Blood Pressure Level
In the age of thousand tensions around us, low or high blood pressure is a frequent problem in adults. Please keep it in check by using this in your kitchen.
- Avocado oil is rich in vitamin E and potassium and keeps blood vessels healthy.
- It also reduces the level of fatty acid in the kidneys, which helps hormones regulate blood pressure.
- Avocado oil has an anti-inflammatory property, and it helps to prevent damage to arterial walls, which reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Reduces chances of dementia
- Using it in your diet is linked to better health and heart condition.
3-Naturally detoxes your body
The human body is prone to dirt resting inside the mechanism, and this needs a better way of cleansing agents that clean and detox your body from inside.
- Avocado fruit and oil contain chlorophyll, a source of magnesium that removes heavy metals like lead and mercury from the liver, kidney, brain, and other organs.
- It has a nutrient called glutathione which is said to block 30 carcinogens made synthetically.
- It is rich in disease-fighting free radicals, which also affects your immunity positively.
- In the day and age of pollution everywhere, maintaining the body’s inner balance is possible with avocados.
4-Helps Skin Damage And Irritation
Self-care is taking care of your skin, and it is used on the skin for various purposes.
- Compared to moisturizers, avocado oil has more penetrative properties; it gets easily absorbed by the epidermis and then into the dermal layer of the skin. Do check our blog on the eight best Body lotions in town.
- It treats dry and flaky skin and sunburn also. Age spots, scarring or minor sun damage, can be cured with long-term use of avocado oil.
- Avocado oil heals psoriasis, eczema, skin irritation, dandruff, or cracked heel as the oil has omega-3 and vitamins.
- The high comedogenic rating will benefit your skin at all times with problems like acne-prone skin too.
CAUTION: Do not apply Avocado oil directly on an open wound. It is not advised. Also, use products from a renowned brand/company.
5-Get Rid Of Wrinkles
Wrinkles are a by-product of ageing. You get plenty of brands claiming wrinkle-free skin, but it depends on what you eat and how you take care of your skin.
- Avocado oil is a natural trigger for the production of collagen, which is responsible for tightening your skin and preventing wrinkles.
- Avocado oil has a leveraged quantity of proteins combined with amino acids, capable of cell renewal and tissue regeneration.
- The use of avocado oil enhances collagen production as the oil contains vitamin A&D which promotes collagen production and binding.
- Application of avocado oil and consuming avocado oil slows down the ageing process of the skin.
6-Increases nutrient absorption
Food needs to be absorbed by the body to give us maximum benefits. Most of it flushes away without getting soaked, and this is due to a lack of healthy fats.
- The high content of monounsaturated fats found in oil helps absorb fat-soluble vitamins and nutrients.
- The food we eat has carotenoids such as beta-carotene, lycopene, lutein, and zeaxanthin which are difficult to digest without necessary healthy fats.
- The oleic acid in avocado oil helps in nutrient absorption and also positively affects the bioavailability of carotenoids.
- Adding them to your salad or marinate will help you for better absorption of whatever you eat. (Take a look at a delicious recipe at the end of this blog)
7-Best for Hair Growth
Avocado oil is so far the best treatment you could give to your dry and dull hair. Avocado oil works wonders on your skin because the nutrients that feed your skin also provide your hair.
- After washing your hair, apply avocado oil mixed with any preferred oil to your hair and scalp. This improves your existing hair and also promotes the growth of new hair.
- Avocado oil is an excellent source of lecithin. It is a fatty substance that acts as a lubricant and emulsifier.
- When applied periodically, lecithin provides a protective covering to hair and skin, which helps to prevent and get rid of moisture loss due to wind and harsh climates.
- For an easy hot oil hair treatment at the comfort of your home:
- Combine two tablespoons each of avocado oil and castor oil in a bowl and heat slightly.
- Massage and condition the warm oil into wet hair, leave it overnight, and wash it out in the morning.
- If applied for some time will improve the growth of hair.
So, these were a few benefits of avocado oil. Now let us go through some general knowledge.
Towards Overall Good Health!
Don’t forget it is a delicious oil, just like the infamous olive oil. It is suitable for pregnant women as it is high in the number of nutrients until your gynaecologist has advised you otherwise. On the menstrual cycle, using avocado can help soothe muscles and help with cramps.
Now that you know it is beneficial, let us know an excellent way to incorporate the Bonanza salad recipe into your daily diet.
Bonanza Salad recipe with avocado oil:
- Avocado Oil(Of course, the Superhero of the dressing)
- Lemon(freshly squeezed)
- Mustard Sauce(for a creamy texture)
- Maple Syrup(for a subtly sweet flavour)
- Black salt(Healthier than the lot)
- Pepper(Tinch of spicy)
- Fresh herbs like parsley, basil. If you don’t have these dried herbs will work too.
- Chopped Veggies of your choice( You can take carrot, cucumber, onion, cabbage, spinach)
- Cut the preferred vegetables in a size that is easier for you to chew.
- Get the rest of the ingredients in a jar. Close it. And shake well. It will get you a creamy dressing.
- Now mix the veggies with the sauce.
- Serve with rice/dal or relish it alone.
Point of Caution
You can use avocado oil for various purposes and gain health benefits from it. But use it smartly to avoid any consequences. Since it has high-fat content, avocado is eaten in a limited amount. Check the following points as well.
Beware of Avocado Allergy
If you have an allergy to avocado fruit, then you might also be allergic to avocado oil. Some people have allergies to pollen; such people are hardbound and allergic to avocados. They are full of histamines to which few can be allergic, and the body’s immune system alarms and throws it away.
How do you know the symptoms of allergic reactions?
- Itching on or near lips, mouth, neck
- Sudden stomach pain
- Itchy eyes
So please consult the doctor before you binge on avocados or eat avocado oil.
If you take Warfarin, then avocadoes tend to interfere and decrease its effectiveness, leading to blood clotting. Check for reactions with other medicines!
Always consult your physician before making any significant change in the diet. Also, check out our blog for the best oils for hair growth.
Lastly, do tell us what you think about using avocado oil in your day to day lives? What does it taste like to you? What are the recipes you like to use in your kitchen? Have you seen any difference after you started using avocado oi